This turned out to be a behemoth of an update! Here are the biggest new features:
- Support for international locations (any country supported by Google Maps)
- HTML description for each location
- Custom categories for locations
- Improved admin interface
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to use Google Maps API version 3 yet, which means you still need an API key for your website.
If anyone finds any bugs with the new version, please let me know and I’ll try to release any fixes as soon as I can!
Thank you all so much for your support, and for your patience!
EDIT (8/30/09 8:57 PM): I’ve released version 1.1.1, which includes the following fixes/changes:
- Support for Cyrillic characters
- Link to sign up for Google Maps API key changes based on your locale (goes to translated Google page for certain languages)
- Autoloading locations now respects the default zoom level set in General Options
- Fixed: Default country no longer resets to “United States”
- Fixed: All function names are now unique (cannot redeclare add_plugin_row error)
- Fixed: Locations can now be added/edited before any categories are entered